Commercial Site Supervisors
If you are a Construction Site Supervisor with a minimum 5 years experience in commercial construction, who excels in partnering with clients, consultants, tradesmen and project management staff to meet Jayco Builders high quality standards, we are looking for you. Jayco Builders is fully committed to quality and safety excellence and has a culture that goes beyond regulatory standards to be a leader in the industry. You can expect to work on diverse and challenging projects in the always changing commercial construction industry within Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- Conduct and document weekly sub-trade meetings.
- Process purchase orders, timesheets, safety paperwork and maintain daily reports, equipment maintenance and rental logs.
- Implementation of the company Health and Safety Program.
- Participate in and prepare presentations for regular site meetings.
- Fluent in interpreting, understanding and able to execute the work defined by the construction documents including drawings and specifications, shop drawings and site instructions.
- Provide ample notice to sub-trades and suppliers of expectations for labour and material to be able to maintain construction schedule.
- Participate in the development of site specific Safe Work Practices and Safe Job Procedures as well as Hazard Assessments.
- In conjunction with our safety advisor, ensure that the site Safety Boards with postings including but not limited to: Health and Safety Policies, inspection results, Project Hazard assessments, Emergency Response procedures are maintained and current.
- Ensure that all employees have proper training and arrange for training as required.
- Ensure that all new hires are orientated and all documentation is recorded accurately.
- Review and file all paperwork provided to the work site.
- Organize and maintain clean site.
- Conduct site reviews to ensure work is being installed as required including adequate quality control checks.
- A minimum of 5+ years in a full-time site supervisor role. Commercial construction experience is a requirement.
- Strong communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office, Word and Outlook.
- Understand timelines for decisions required and the importance of accurate record keeping.
- Good comprehension of project scheduling.
- Keen understanding of building systems to be able to review, critique and correct issues during construction to achieve high quality standards that surpass industry expectations.
- Build productive relationships with owners, consultants and sub-trades.
- Able to promote and nurture a strong safety culture.
- Eager to learn, enjoy working hard and have the ambition to grow in this ever changing industry.
Jayco Builders offers industry leading compensation packages, commensurate with experience. The right candidate has the opportunity to advance their career, and learn new skills.
To apply; please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 403-545-6084. Applicants may also apply in person to 517 - 8th Ave East, Bow Island AB, Monday through Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.